All our funding comes from The National Lottery. That means we are only able to support heritage organisations during the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis thanks to people who buy National Lottery tickets.
We want as many of those people as possible to know about the good causes they are supporting, and there are a few simple things you can do to help.
Under the terms of all our grants there is a publicity and acknowledgment requirement. Heritage Emergency Fund grants are different to our usual grants, and we understand that this may be a very challenging time for you, but we would really like it if you could do any or all of these simple things to help spread the word.
Share your news on social media
Please tag us in your posts, and remember to mention The National Lottery.
- Scotland – @HeritageFundSCO
- Northern Ireland – @HeritageFundNI
- Wales – @HeritageFundCYM
- North England – @HeritageFundNOR
- Midlands & East England – @HeritageFundM_E
- London & South England – @HeritageFundL_S
Instagram, Facebook and LinkedIn
- If you’re on Instagram, tag us and The National Lottery using @HeritageFundUK and @TNLUK
- For Facebook, use @HeritageFundUK and @TheNationalLotteryUK
- And if you’re on LinkedIn tag us using: @NationalLotteryHeritageFund
Using great pictures will give your posts the best chance of gaining attention. Use anything that shows the value of the great work you do.
Send out a press release
You can use the template press release available on this page.
If you prefer, feel free to write your own release. You can use the messages in our templates if you like – but the most important thing is to:
- Be clear at the top of your press release that the money comes from The National Lottery Heritage Fund.
- Say THANK YOU to National Lottery players – saying this in a quote from you is best.
Tell us your story
We want to know how our funding is helping you make a difference.
Is there someone in your organisation doing brilliant work to keep things going during the crisis? Or are you doing something new or innovative that might be interesting to other people? If so, we’d love to know about it.
If you have a press release for us to clear, a story you want to share or any questions about publicity or acknowledgement of your grant, please get in touch with your local Marketing and PR manager.