Thanks to National Lottery players, since 1994 we have awarded almost £120million to more than 3,000 community heritage projects across the UK.
What do we support?
We help people researching and sharing the history of a community or of a place.
We also fund projects which combine different types of heritage in a particular location.
Our funding could help people:
- research the impact of a historical event on their town. They could then share their findings through displays, talks and online
- investigate the names on a war memorial
- crowdsource documents and photographs linked to the LGBT+ community, creating an online archive and exhibition
- set up an audio trail around a range of buildings, parks and monuments in a town
- enable a youth group to research their local history and create an animated film about their learnings
We have halted all new grants until at least October 2020. Organisations in need can apply for our £50m Heritage Emergency Fund. Find out more and apply.
From "unsettlement" to a new future