Thanks to National Lottery players, since 1994 we have awarded almost £120million to more than 3,000 community heritage projects across the UK.
What do we support?
We help people researching and sharing the history of a community or of a place.
We also fund projects which combine different types of heritage in a particular location.
Our funding could help people:
- research the impact of a historical event on their town. They could then share their findings through displays, talks and online
- investigate the names on a war memorial
- crowdsource documents and photographs linked to the LGBT+ community, creating an online archive and exhibition
- set up an audio trail around a range of buildings, parks and monuments in a town
- enable a youth group to research their local history and create an animated film about their learnings
How to get funding
25 years: discovering the origins of grime and connecting communities in Waltham Forest