Thanks to National Lottery players, since 1994 we have awarded over £500m to 26,700 community and cultural heritage projects across the UK.
What do we support?
We help people who are researching and sharing the history of a community or of a place.
We also fund projects which combine different types of heritage in a particular location.
Our funding could help people:
- research the impact of a historical event on their town. They could then share their findings through displays, talks and online
- investigate the names on a war memorial
- crowdsource documents and photographs linked to the LGBT+ community, creating an online archive and exhibition
- set up an audio trail around a range of buildings, parks and monuments in a town
- enable a youth group to research their local history and create an animated film about their learnings
How to get funding
Our National Lottery Grants for Heritage programme is open for applications, with refocused priorities for 2021-22.
The community have come together to revitalise a historic churchyard in Rossendale, Lancashire and boost local wildlife.
Llanelli LGBTQ+ Support have held events and activities to recognise and share the rich heritage of the town's LGBT+ community.