We are the largest dedicated grant funder of the UK's heritage. Since 1994, we've awarded over £8bn to more than 44,000 projects across the UK.
Together we can demonstrate the critical role that heritage can play to help people, communities and places through this crisis.
National Lottery Grants for Heritage
Grants of £3,000 to £10,000 and £10,000 to £100,000
Resilience and inclusion project funding to support organisations working with heritage to adapt and respond to the changing environment they are now operating in.
Open to projects that:
- Support organisations working with heritage to adapt and recover in the continuing coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis.
- Are focused on inclusion, led by and/or engaging diverse groups typically under-represented in heritage.
This is the first phase of a two-stage reopening of our project funding. Find out more.
Heritage Recovery and Resilience Loans
Loans of £50,000 to £250,000
Heritage Recovery and Resilience Loans are designed to help fund activities and costs that will develop and restart your organisation’s income generating potential.
This funding is well suited to organisations who have already been working on resilience, and are currently operating with a mixed income model of enterprise and grant funding, who require support to meet operating costs or adjust their operating model as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.
- fixed 0% interest rate
- no fees for arrangement or early repayment
- optional 12-month repayment holiday
- repayment period is up to 5 years
- applications open until 14 February 2021
Funding for organisations, businesses and private owners in England
Grants of £10,000 to £3m
Funding for organisations in Wales
Grants of £10,000 to £250,000
These programmes are currently closed for applications.
- Digital Skills for Heritage Tranche 7: Connected Heritage
- Digital Skills for Heritage Tranche 5: Answering the Sector's Digital Questions
- Digital Skills for Heritage Tranche 2: Taking Digital Forward
- Shared History Fund
- Business Support Funding Wales
- Green Recovery Capacity Building Scheme
- Community Heritage Fund Northern Ireland
- Heritage Recovery Fund Northern Ireland
- 15-Minute Heritage Grants
- Green Recovery Challenge Fund
- Culture Recovery Fund for Heritage
- Heritage Emergency Fund
- National Lottery Grants for Heritage (February 2019 - March 2020)
- Heritage Horizon Awards
- Business Support Funding
- Enterprise Development Funding
Already got a grant from The National Lottery Heritage Fund?
- Revisit the outcomes we expect your project to achieve
- View upcoming delivery stage deadlines for National Lottery Grants For Heritage applications over £250,000
- I just received notification of a funding award - what do I do next?
- I am keen to promote my project, how can you help me?
- Where can I find your logo?
- Read our good practice guidance
- Make the most of our funding with our practical advice and top tips for all types of heritage project
- Access the application portal