We are the largest dedicated grant funder of the UK's heritage. Since 1994, we've awarded over £8bn to more than 44,000 projects across the UK.
Together we can demonstrate the critical role that heritage can play to help people, communities and places through this crisis.
National Lottery Grants for Heritage 2021-22
Grants of £3,000 up to £5million
The resumption of project funding marks a return to our core business, but it is not a return to ‘business as usual’.
- We are prioritising six outcomes for heritage projects to respond to the COVID-19 context: skills and jobs, inclusion, organisational resilience, better places, the economy and wellbeing .
- We also expect all projects to demonstrate that they are building long-term environmental sustainability and inclusion into their plans.
- Projects don't have to meet all priority outcomes.
- The National Lottery Grants for Heritage funding process - application, award and monitoring - remains the same.
Funding for environmental charities in England
Green Recovery Challenge Fund round 2
Grants of £50,000 to £2million
A short-term competitive fund to kick-start environmental renewal while creating and retaining a range of jobs in England.
- up to £40m fund
- deadline for grants from £50,000 to £250,000: 12noon 14 April 2021
- deadline for Expressions of Interest for grants from £250,000 to £2million: 12noon 22 March 2021
- projects must complete by 31 March 2023
Funding for organisations in Wales
Grants of £10,000 to £250,000
These grant programmes are no longer accepting applications, but you may want to view the guidance for reference.
Already got a grant from The National Lottery Heritage Fund?
- Read about our funding decisions
- I just received notification of a funding award - what do I do next?
- I am keen to promote my project, how can you help me?
- Where can I find your logo?
- Explore our practical advice and top tips for heritage projects
- Access the application portal
- View upcoming deadlines for National Lottery Grants For Heritage applications over £250,000