Apply for or manage funding for a heritage project
Page last updated: 30 November 2023
Please note: we are currently experiencing some technical difficulties on our Get funding for a heritage project service which is preventing people from registering. The registration page will be available again from 9am on Monday 4 December. Sorry for any inconvenience.
Use our service, Get funding for a heritage project, to:
- apply for a grant between £3,000 to £250,000
- submit a Project Enquiry Form for a project idea between £10,000 to £250,000
- submit an Expression of Interest for applications over £250,000
- manage your project
We’ve published the first three-year delivery plan for our new 10-year strategy, Heritage 2033. It includes details about our budgets and priorities, and forthcoming changes to National Lottery Grants for Heritage.
As we transition to Heritage 2033, there will be a short period when some of our National Lottery Grants for Heritage programmes are closed for applications.
For grants from £250,000 to £10m:
- development round applications are now temporarily closed
- delivery round applications and Expressions of Interest are not affected and we will provide more information to applicants about transitioning to our new Heritage 2033 investment principles
For grants from £10,000 to £250,000:
- project enquiry forms and applications are now temporarily closed.
For grant from £3,000 to £10,000:
- 12noon on 6 December 2023: last applications for grants under £10,000
From January 2024, we’ll be open for the first applications for grants from £10,000 to £10m under Heritage 2033, with new guidance and application forms.