Thanks to National Lottery players, since 1994 we have awarded over £2.2bn to more than 5,000 museum, library, archive and collection-based projects across the UK.
We have awarded over £500,000 to more than 1,700 projects in UK archives and libraries.
What do we support?
Our funding supports institutions large and small, including:
- national and local authority museums, libraries and archives
- historic libraries
- community archives
- institutions with heritage collections
Our funding could help people:
- revitalise buildings and provide new purpose-built facilities
- create exciting new exhibition and learning spaces
- refurbish specialist libraries, archives and galleries
- attract more diverse audiences
- interpret and open up acquisitions
- develop collections
How to get funding
Inspiring Medicine galleries open at the Science Museum
National Portrait Gallery receives full grant for major redevelopment
The skills programme breaking down barriers to working in Scotland’s museums
25 years: The Silverstone Experience says #ThanksToYou!
How working internationally can boost tourism for heritage organisations