Thanks to National Lottery players, since 1994 we have awarded over £2.2bn to more than 5,000 museum, library, archive and collection-based projects across the UK.
We have awarded over £500,000 to more than 1,700 projects in UK archives and libraries.
What do we support?
Our funding supports institutions large and small, including:
- national and local authority museums, libraries and archives
- historic libraries
- community archives
- institutions with heritage collections
Our funding could help people:
- revitalise buildings and provide new purpose-built facilities
- create exciting new exhibition and learning spaces
- refurbish specialist libraries, archives and galleries
- attract more diverse audiences
- interpret and open up acquisitions
- develop collections
How to get funding
Our National Lottery Grants for Heritage Programme has resumed with refocused priorities for 2021-22. Find out more and apply.
The Hands on Heritage project at Amgueddfa Cymru–National Museum Wales’ enabled young people from diverse backgrounds to have an impact on the collections.
Suffolk Archives' latest project sets to uncover and share the hidden LGBTQ+ stories from Suffolk's history.
A collective of performance artists re-enacted Lady Malcolm’s Servants’ Ball; a firm fixture of the queer scene in London almost a century ago.