Industrial, maritime and transport
Since 1994 we’ve awarded almost £590million to more than 1,400 industrial, maritime and transport heritage projects across the UK.
We want to help more people conserve their local industrial heritage and pass on skills to younger generations.
What do we support?
Projects we fund include:
- printing presses
- pumping engines
- historic ships
- natural landscapes transformed by industry
Our funding could help people:
- uncover and record people’s memories of our industrial past
- give a disused site a new purpose
- restore and maintain operating machinery
- reveal the history of industry in your area
- explore the nation's network of canals
- provide staffed visitor facilities and learning resources
- help young people learn new skills and care for their heritage
See the stories and projects below for more inspiration.
This iconic building has been brought back to life and is now inviting people to #SeeTheCityDifferently.
We are granting £9.5million to support the creation of Plymouth Sound's 'Park in the Sea', helping communities and tackling the effects of climate change.
Thanks to National Lottery funding and the support of their dedicated volunteers, the Railway Preservation Society for Ireland (RPSI) have been able to preserve and bring the story of Ireland’s railways to life.