Thanks to National Lottery players, since 1994 we’ve awarded almost £570million to more than 1,100 industrial, maritime and transport heritage projects across the UK.
We want to help more people conserve their local industrial heritage. Our funding can help pass on to younger generations the skills to look after it.
What do we support?
Projects we fund include:
- printing presses
- pumping engines
- historic ships
- natural landscapes transformed by industry
Our funding could help people:
- uncover and record people’s memories of our industrial past
- give a disused site a new purpose
- restore and maintain operating machinery
- reveal the history of industry in your area
- explore the nation's network of canals
- provide staffed visitor facilities and learning resources
- help young people learn new skills and care for their heritage
We have halted all new grants until at least October 2020. Organisations in need can apply for our £50m Heritage Emergency Fund. Find out more and apply.
Heritage Emergency Fund supports hundreds of organisations across the UK
Full steam ahead for Merseyside ship following emergency grant
Blyth Tall Ship kept afloat thanks to National Lottery funding
25 years: restoring the prosperity and pride of Blaenavon