What we expect from projects
We expect successful projects to show how they will address the key challenges faced by the UK's landscapes and nature.
Landscape projects must deliver one or more of the following requirements:
- conservation at a landscape scale
- increasing people's understanding of the cultural value of landscapes and seascapes
- bigger, better, well-connected and more resilient habitats for nature
- reconnecting people with nature
Landscape Partnerships, now and in the future
Between 2004 and 2017 The National Lottery Heritage Fund supported over 120 Landscape Partnerships. These landscape-scale projects focused on the cultural and natural heritage of geographic areas generally between 20 and 200 square kilometres.
These have included:
- the Belfast Hills Landscape Partnership
- Gwent Living Levels Partnership
- the Carbon Landscape in Manchester
- Inner Forth Landscape Partnership
- Fifth Continent Romney Marsh Landscape Partnership
Find out more about what we learned in our Landscape Partnerships evaluation.