These projects can help to sustain jobs, support economic growth and protect heritage at risk. They can also bolster local pride, nurture traditional craft skills and help communities enjoy and make use of the places they care about.
What do we support?
Projects we fund include:
- Conservation and repairs to historic buildings and places
- Finding appropriate new uses for historic buildings
- Community archaeology projects
- Investment in places of worship: find out more here
Our funding could help people:
- repair and transform a historic building at the heart of their community
- help volunteers learn building conservation skills
- rescue a building on a Buildings at Risk register
- undertake a community archaeology project
- regenerate a historic town centre or high street
- look after and learn about a local war memorial