Strategic Funding Framework 2019–2024
It sets out how we:
- expect to invest around £1.2 billion in the UK’s heritage
- will introduce a streamlined grant-making portfolio
- increasingly focus on wellbeing, capacity-building and innovation (both nationally and internationally), amongst others
- explore the use of social investment
- commit to increased devolution in our decision-making
Priorities for heritage
Within our broad approach to heritage overall, we have identified two priority areas of focus during this five year period:
- landscapes and nature
- community heritage
We ask that every project achieve our new inclusion outcome: "a wider range of people will be involved in heritage".
Refocused priorities for heritage
UK heritage is facing its gravest threat since the Second World War. The risks to heritage sites, attractions and organisations from a sudden and dramatic loss of income as a result of the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic have put the heritage and visitor economy in crisis, requiring an urgent response.
We're backing the UK's heritage to adapt and thrive again through our Priorities for National Lottery Grants for Heritage until the end of the financial year 2022–2023.
Find out more about our focus on supporting the sector to strengthen its recovery in the medium term and to build back for positive change across the UK’s heritage: