Young people tell us why heritage is important
Between 2017 and 2023, we invested £10million into 12 projects across the UK through our Kick the Dust programme. The programme is designed to help make heritage more relevant to the lives of young people.
Thousands of 11-25 year olds took part in these projects and showed heritage organisations how best to connect with other young people.
In this video, five young people tell us why this was important.
We're not only connecting to the past, we're starting to build the future we want through expressing our narratives.
Molly from Norfolk Journeys
Thank you to everyone who took part in our film:
- Sadia from Hope Streets, Curious Minds
- Leonie from Shout Out Loud, English Heritage
- Kirsten from Hands on Heritage, Amgueddfa Cymru | National Museum Wales
- Sally from Hope Streets, Curious Minds
- Molly from Norfolk Journeys, Norfolk Museum Service
Footage comes from these Kick the Dust projects.