- not-for-profit organisations
- partnerships led by not-for-profit organisations
Before you apply
Submit an expression of interest form and we will let you know if you are invited to apply.
- development phase up to two years
- delivery phase up to five years
Deadlines are quarterly and can be found below:
- 5 March 2019 for a decision in June 2019
- 28 May 2019 for a decision in September 2019
- 20 August 2019 for a decision in November 2019
- 19 November 2019 for decision in March 2020
We will assess your application in 12 weeks and, following assessment, it will be assigned to the next quarterly decision meeting.
You must contribute at least 5% of your project costs for grants up to £1million and at least 10% for grants of £1m or more.
For projects that are focusing on:
- bringing a neglected historic building back in to a financially viable use
- responding to local economic and social needs
The case for grant funding will depend on the conservation deficit. This is where the existing value of a heritage asset plus the cost of bringing it back into use is greater than the value of the asset after development.
If you are a not-for-profit organisation or a commercial organisation working in partnership with a not-for-profit organisation, you can apply under Heritage Enterprise.
If you choose to apply through Heritage Enterprise, please make sure you read the tailored guidance.