We fund projects that connect people and communities to the national, regional and local heritage of the UK.
Can we support you?
Heritage can mean different things to different people.
It can be anything from the past that you value and want to pass on to future generations.
As a guide, this could include:
- oral history
- cultural traditions
- natural and designed landscapes
- community archaeology
- historic buildings, monuments and environments
- collections of objects, books or documents in museums, libraries or archives
- histories of people and communities or places and events
- the heritage of languages and dialects
- places and objects linked to our industrial, maritime and transport history
All of our grant bands have different criteria but all projects must:
- have a clear plan with a defined start, middle and end
- have not already started
- it should last a certain amount of time (proportional to the grant amount)
- contribute to achieving our outcomes
Heritage can mean different things to different people. It can be anything from the past that you value and want to pass on to future generations...
We can cover...
- repair and conservation
- digital outputs
- new staff
- paid training placements
- professional fees
We cannot cover...
- existing staff posts or organisational costs (unless calculated through Full Cost Recovery)
- statutory and/or legal responsibilities
- promoting the cause or beliefs of political or faith organisations
- recoverable VAT
- costs for any activity that has taken place before a grant is awarded
Who can we fund?
- Non-profits and partnerships led by non-profit organisations: £3,000 to £5million
- Private owners of heritage: up to £100,000
- Partnerships led by commercial organisations (for the purposes of achieving economic growth): £250,000 - £5m (Heritage Enterprise only)