Brockwell Park Lido was built in 1937 by London County Council in the Art Deco style, and is the last surviving example of this type of Grade II listed design. The Lido was closed to the public in 1990, before a local campaign led to the re-opening of the Lido in 1994.
Its fate was in question once again in 2003, before HLF support was gained to help repair the lido and ensure its future sustainability.
During the project, the lido was refurbished and new facilities were added, including a public health and fitness suite.
Fusion, the company behind the project, also provided training to staff to ensure that facility would be run safely and in line with good practice guidance. The project also led to the creation of new websites to promote the Lido, alongside an existing social media presence.