National Lottery Grants for Heritage
Llandaff 50+ The Pound - Investing in the Future of Older People
This project will explore the archaeology of a site adjacent to Bishop's Castle, Llandaff.
- Applicant: Llandaff 50+
- Decision: Award Grant of £9,900 (4%)
Queens Hall Music of a Generation
This project will allow people to create a Queens Hall gig history archive, and related live performances.
- Applicant: The Queens Hall
- Decision: Award Grant of £3,100 (100%)
South Wales Race Riots of 1919
This project aims to uncover the story of the South Wales Race Riots of 1919.
- Applicant: Horn Development Association
- Decision: Award Grant of £9,000 (95%)
Hook Village: A Fascinating Tale
This project will invite local participants to collate local memorabilia to create an exhibition.
- Applicant: Hook History Society
- Decision: Award Grant of £3,600 (89%)
Conwy Personal and Community Heritage
A community history project bringing together older people and people living with dementia, to share their memories.
- Applicant: Book of You CIC
- Decision: Award Grant of £9,900 (100%)
Brecknock YFC get Members Shearing
A one-off event to promote sheep shearing in the area of Brecon and Radnorshire.
- Applicant: Brecknock YFC
- Decision: Reject
Tic Toc - y daith
Focusing on scaling up and touring a production of a performance highlighting the contributions and experiences of women working in factories in South Wales over the past century.
- Applicant: Parama 2
- Decision: Award Grant of £5,000 (9%)
Llyfr Cymunedol Niclas y Glais yn cynnwys deunydd ysgrifenedig o'i eiddo
A 5 month project is proposed to celebrate the heritage of local poet and preacher T. E Nicholas (Niclas y Glais).
- Applicant: Cymdeithas Cwm Cerwyn
- Decision: Award Grant of £10,000 (100%)
The applicant proposes a 12 month project to engage young people with a Carmarthenshire/Welsh fable/tale by recreating the story in a Marvel/DC comic book form
- Applicant: CETMA (Community Engagement, Technology, Media & Arts)
- Decision: Reject
The Restoration of the Morgan Chapel at St Michael & All Angels
Repairs to the monuments and wall fixings within the Morgan Chapel.
- Applicant: St Michael & All Angels Church, Lower Machen
- Decision: Award Grant of £58,000 (68%)
Yr Hen Lys Rhuthun The Old Courthouse Ruthin
Creating a community hub in the centre of Ruthin, using a Grade II* listed Courthouse.
- Applicant: Ruthin Town Council
- Decision: Award Grant of £30,000 (23%)
Grants for Places of Worship
Wolvesnewton Parish Church
Repairs to church tower and associated work for Wolvesnewton Parish Church
Urgent repairs to the tower and associated rainwater goods, doors and porch.
- Applicant: Parochial Church Council of Wolvesnewton
- Decision: Award Grant of £80,100 (58%)