Take part in #HeritageIsOpen this summer!
On the first day of summer we want to help you shout about the fantastic heritage you care for and the projects you are running.
The first day of summer
To get involved, post on Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #HeritageIsOpen on 21 June at 9am – the summer solstice. Tell everyone about your heritage and let them know it’s open to visit and explore.
We want to hear from all types of heritage project, large and small. We will be online all day to interact with and share your posts – don’t forget to tag us at @HeritageFundUK.
You can also tag in your local Heritage Fund Twitter account:
- Northern Ireland: @Heritage Fund NI
- Wales: @HeritageFundCYM
- Scotland: @HeritageFundSCO
- England, North: @HeritageFundNOR
- England, Midlands & East: @HeritageFundM_E
- England, London & South: @HeritageFundL_S
Carry on throughout the summer months
We’ll be promoting the hashtag throughout July and August, so please keep using it to help promote your projects.
Need ideas for what to post?
Why not share upcoming events, exhibitions and activities. You could also share a tour of your heritage or post some of your favourite facts to entice people to visit.
Here are a couple of draft posts for inspiration:
Draft post: It’s the #FirstDayOfSummer and #HeritageIsOpen! Come and visit and you can explore (insert) @HeritageFundUK
Draft post: We’re joining @HeritageFundUK today in celebrating #HeritageIsOpen! We have so many fantastic things you can see and visit including (insert). Where will you visit this summer?
We also have graphics with the hashtag that you can use:
Our other social media moments
We run social media moments throughout the year to help promote the great work of your heritage projects. Keep these upcoming dates in your diary:
- 19 November 2022 – #ThanksToYou day: A moment to thank National Lottery players for funding your heritage project on the anniversary of the first National Lottery draw.
- 11 January 2023 – #HeritageTreasures day: A moment to highlight the fantastic heritage which has been saved and shared down the years thanks to our funding.
Thank you for taking part and we look forward to seeing your social media posts!