Thanks to National Lottery players we have awarded over £346million to more than 21,800 projects exploring our cultures and memories across the UK.
What do we support?
We fund projects which help save and share the traditions, customs, skills and memories of different communities.
This cultural heritage is sometimes referred to as intangible heritage or living history. This is because it is brought alive when practiced or performed.
Our funding could help people:
- research and share oral traditions, such as storytelling or local dialects
- train others in traditional skills and crafts, from dry stone walling and blacksmithing to basket weaving
- research the origins of art forms and create performances influenced by past styles
- share the history of celebrations, festivals or rituals with new audiences
- capture accounts of traditional knowledge or pass it on
- record the memories of ordinary people through oral histories
How to get funding