We are introducing a new service that is clearer and simpler to use.
Page created: 7 May 2021
Our current application portal is being replaced by a new and improved service. Work has already begun to move projects across to this service and will continue until autumn 2021.
Up-to-date technology and streamlined design will make it simpler to apply for and manage funding. It will also support our staff to provide a better service to applicants and the heritage organisations we fund.
Our fundamental grant-giving process remains the same.
A better experience
Benefits of the new service include:
- clear information and easy-to-follow actions
- mobile and tablet-friendly technology
- faster page load times
- accessible and consistent design
- a smoother application process, only asking for the information we need
- hints and guidance incorporated on the application form
- an improvement to the way we gather equality monitoring data, so we are better able to manage and track the diversity of our grant giving
What happens next?
For now, the new service is limited. Access will be rolled out over the coming months as we open it up to more applicants and projects.
Applications and projects in progress
If you have an active project with us, we have already contacted you to tell you about our new service and to make sure your email address is up to date.
You can expect to hear from us next if you:
- are managing your funding using the current application portal
- are working on an application or Project Enquiry Form in the current application portal
- are waiting for a decision on an application
- have a project that is being monitored
We will email you directly to tell you when your information will be migrated to the new service, when you can start using the new service, and whether you need to take any other action.
In the middle of an application?
If you're partway through filling out – but have not yet submitted – an application in the current portal, when you move over to the new service you'll need to re-enter the information. You'll have read-only access to your unsubmitted application on the portal. No information will be lost while you transfer.
If your project has completed and you still have information on the current application portal, you will not be able to access it after we retire that system in autumn 2021.
If you want to keep your information, please save a copy elsewhere as soon as possible.
At the moment, where you live and the size of your application will determine whether you apply for or manage funding through the current application portal, or part of the new service called Get funding for a heritage project.
Keeping your data safe